Friday, July 17, 2009

8 Days to Land Settlement

I wrote below in the "Meeting our Solicitor" entry that we are waiting on an amendment to our settlement documents from the lender.

Our RAMS rep called to say this paperwork should be available this Monday. As we signed the bulk of the forms a few days ago in our solicitors office, we don't expect any dramas in simply signing this amendment to our repayment changes, and then handing it over to RAMS.

By the way, did I share with you that our RAMs rep happens to drive past our house when he goes to work and back? I'm not sure whether this is deliberate as our street is a good secondary street connecting Victoria Street and Carlingford Road. He mentioned this in his email response when I recontacted him two years after our initial meeting "he often thought of us over the two years when he drove past and wondered when we were going to be ready."

So we have taken advantage of this drive-by on occassions by using our mailbox as a pickup spot. If I want him to drop off anything like their free guide to Buying your First Home, which is not available in electronic form, or when he needs to pick up anything from us, our mailbox acts as the go-between. There is no need to schedule a suitable meeting time. Actually, this reminds me of the movie "The Lake House" where the characters played by Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves exchange messages via the same mailbox.

I wish I could say that my lender looks like Keanu.......I can't.

All I expect is that he is professional, honest and relatable. How will we know?

When we get what we want,of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment